10 Reasons the Catholic Church is the Church Jesus Christ Started
1. Jesus said in Matthew 16…." I will build MY CHURCH" Just one Church. One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Ephesians 4:5 And 1 Tim, 3:15 says the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.
2. Authority. In Matthew 18, the story of someone who has a rift with someone he knows and Jesus says to take two friends with you and if he does not listen to them, TAKE HIM TO THE CHURCH. Why? Because the Church has AUTHORITY.
3. When Martin Luther did his Reformation in 1517, over 100 new churches started teaching different doctrines due to their interpretation of Scripture. In 1 Tim 1:3, Paul says to Timothy, "As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,
4. 27 books in the New Testament. Why not 28, 32, or 25? The Church had the authority to choose those 27 books to make up the New Testament. And the Old Testament was set as Jesus, and all biblical scholars agree that Jesus and the Apostles used the Septuagint, which had 46 books. Pope Damasus wrote the books of the Bible in 380 AD to be put into one book.
5. The Mass. Six saints witnessed angels at every Mass. They also saw Christ on the Cross above the Altar. Throughout the world, no matter what religion, altars are found relating to worship. No altar, no worship. A group from Chicago put together the Mass, complete with Angels. Please go to YouTube and search "The VEIL REMOVED" Google search "The Veil Removed Witnesses" if you want to see who saw this.
6. Padre Pio. He was a priest in the Catholic Church who had the Stigmata, the wounds of Christ, in his body. He was seen in two different cities on the same day. He was known to tell people their sins when they went to confession to him. Hundreds of people would line up to confess to him to get informed about their sins. Two men from Purgatory visited him and asked him to pray for him. Yes, Purgatory is real. That is why Paul said you get tested as thru fire.
7. The Eucharist. Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Bethlehem means "House of Bread." Jesus said He was the Bread of Life. Jesus said, "UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have NO LIFE WITHIN YOU!. The verse where they left him because they did not believe him is John 6:66. "They went back to their former way of life and walked with Him no more."
8. The Mother of Christ. Mary. The Blessed Mother. She has appeared on our earth 13 times. Miracles happened. Cultures changed when she appeared. Look up "The Miracle of the Sun," "Our Lady of Fatima," "Our Lady of Lourdes," or "Our Lady of Guadalupe" to learn about these miracles.
9. Early Church Fathers – These are some people who lived with the Apostles and wrote the same time as the New Testament books. Ignatius of Antioch wrote, in 107 AD, "Where the Bishop is, there is Jesus Christ, and there is the Catholic Church."
10. All the Sacraments can be found in the Early Church Father's writings. No Sola Scriptura nor Sola Fide was found in the early Church.
Want to see over 1000 Protestant pastors and other leaders in other Christian and non-Christian religions who became Catholic and why they left their churches and their income?